Activo Bulk Images Upload and SEO Magento extension by Activo is designed for store owners managing large catalogs of products. It provides a robust mechanism for quickly uploading and associating large number of product images at once. The extension provides functionality to redo the entire product images list at once or only touch product images that were actually updated since the last import.
The Activo Bulk Images Upload and SEO extension allows store admins to mass upload hundreds of thousands product images at once, multiple images per product. It will automatically associate the product images properly with the first one set as the image attribute for the product. All image files will be associated with the product in the media gallery and the first image will be excluded (since it is already used as an image attribute with the product). You can also configure this extension to rename the imported image files on the fly for a better image SEO with a choice of several different naming schemes. After image import is complete, it will provide you with a log and report of latest imports.
This Activo Bulk Images and SEO extension is a great way to handle large product catalogs efficiently. It is currently successfully working on shops with 100,000+ products and multiple images per product.
What's New in Version 1.5.9 (November 2013 Update):
- Compatible with Magento CE 1.8.0+ & Magento EE 1.13
- New feature: recursively include files from all subfolders of the source folder. Makes it easier to organize your image files
- New feature: option to enable advanced logging—custom log shows which SKUs matched which images
- New feature: option to leave old images and just add the new images to the matched products
- Quickly upload thousands of images and associate them with your products
- Flexible regular expressions to match image file name with product SKUs
- Extremely fast, processes thousands of images in a matter of seconds
- Better image SEO for imported images
- Now fully supports MultiSite configuration
- One click operation
- Imports only images that were updated since the last upload
- Now supports .JPG, .PNG and .GIF image extensions
- Now allows for simple product image matching with first configurable product image
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
Upgrade From Previous Versions
Before upgrading from versions before 1.5.0 of the Activo Bulk Images Upload and SEO extension you need to manually uninstall the older versions of this extension!
In order to accomplish this, make sure you delete the following files:
After deleting the files, log into your Magento Admin panel, go to System / Cache Management and refresh the Configuration cache.
IMPORTANT! After finishing the steps above, you need to log out of Magento Admin panel and log in back again before installing the newer version.
Installation is very simple and is done using the Magento Connect interface. Just follow these steps:
- Once you purchased the extension, download the installation package by logging into your account and going to My Downloadable Products section.
- After you downloaded the installation package, log in to your store admin interface and go to System / Magento Connect / Magento Connect Manager.
- At the "Direct package file upload" section click on "Choose file" button, select the package file you just downloaded and click "upload".
- After upload is done, go back to the admin panel by clicking "Return to Admin" link at the top right.
- Go to System / Cache Management and refresh the Configuration cache.
- IMPORTANT! After finishing the initial installation steps above, you need to log out and log in back into your administration interface in order to see the extension configuration.
- When you log in back to your admin panel, your installation process is complete and you can now configure the Bulk Images extension.
Please read this first if you are using Apple Safari to download the installation package. By default Safari tries to open the "safe" file extensions, this includes the .tgz packages. Therefore it will uncompress the package upon download and will make it unfit for Magento Connect. To prevent this behavior in the menu bar, go Safari -> Preferences. In the "General" tab, uncheck "Open 'safe' files after downloading". This will stop Safari from automatically unzipping the files. Read more on Stack Exchange here.
Please see more detailed installation instructions and a screencast here:
Installing Magento Extensions Using Connect Manager
Please note also that Bulk Images version 1.5.9 currently requires PHP version 5.3.6 or newer. This additional requirement was removed in Bulk Images v.1.5.10, so if you are using version 1.5.9 we recommend you to upgrade to 1.5.10.
- Log into your Magento store admin panel and go to "System / Configuration" menu settings.
Click Bulk Imagesin the ACTIVO EXTENSIONS section on the left.
- Cut and paste your license code into the License Code box. You can find your license code in the order details in your account.
- You can also customize the default folder for uploading the source product images as well as filename separator, a short string used to separate SKU from image number in the image file names.
- Click "Save" and you are ready to go!
You might also want to clear all caches after installing this extension before starting to use it.
Mass Importing the Images
To bulk import the images for your product catalog, follow these steps:
1. Place the images to the
media/import folder at your server (or other folder specified in the Bulk Images configuration menu).
Images must be named using the following naming convention:
<SKU><Separator_String><Order>.jpg. Here the SKU would the product SKU, Separator_String is a separator string selected in the configuration (default is -BI-) and the Order is an ordering string -- the images will be sorted according to this porting of the file name, so we recommend including some numbers at the beginning of it, such as 01, 02, 03).
ABC001-BI-03.jpg would match product SKU "ABC001" etc.
Bulk Images expects the image file name to follow this naming convention, images that are not following the naming convention and where the SKU portion does not match any product SKU in your product database will not be imported.
You can also use regular expressions to modify your SKU before matching the file name, this way you can eliminate portion of SKU to match images (for instance if you want multiple product to match the same images).
Please note that Bulk Images will REMOVE all existing images for the product if there is at least one image matching product SKU and will replace them with matching images from your import folder. The products without any matching images will remain intact.
2. Go to Catalog > Manage Bulk Images menu item to open the import management screen. Here you will see the list of all past imports. You can click either "Import All Images" to (re-)import ALL images in the import folder or "Import New Images" -- this will import only images with the modification date after the date of last import.
Bulk Images Upload and SEO Magento Extension — Basic Usage Demo:
Here we show how to upload bulk images to the product catalog.
Advanced Usage of the Bulk Images Upload and SEO Magento Extension (applying regular expressions to product SKUs):
In this demo we show how to use new regular expression replace feature to transform the product SKUs before matching them to image names.
Some older video on basic usage of BulkImages extension is also available on our YouTube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4qY_IdqNzE
Magento Editions Compatibility
Community Edition: 1.5.0 and above (including Magento CE 1.8.0 and newer)
Enterprise Edition: 126.96.36.199 and above
This software is subject to terms and conditions of our License Agreement for Professional Extensions. You can find the latest copy of the license agreement here: http://extensions.activo.com/license_professional
In short, you are required to purchase a separate license for each of the domains (stores) you are running this software for (excluding common variations, like adding 'www.' to the domain name). However you can run this software on multiple servers, provided that you have a separate license for each of the domains (for instance in configurations with load balancers).
You can also use a copy of this software for free on one development or one staging server per license purchased in addition to your production servers, provided that this development or staging server is not used for any live sales transactions.
All purchases are subject to the terms and conditions outlined in our Terms of Service document. Please read it carefully.
Community Support Forum
Have any questions regarding this extension? Need help with installation and/or configuration? Have some good tips and tricks about using it? Please visit the Bulk Images Upload and SEO Magento extension support forum.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)