Magento Image Upload Extension with SEO Bonus
Upload product images in a fraction of the time with the new Bulk Images Upload & SEO 2.0.0 Magento extension from Activo Extensions. This latest version features easy to use drag-and-drop functionality and advanced logging to show any images not matched to a product SKU. Perfect for storeowners who are constantly adding new products, this Magento extension saves you time while providing other useful features allowing you to customize its functionality. Bulk Images Upload & SEO Magento extension is currently working successfully on shops with 100,000+ products and multiple images per product.
- Import thousands of product images in seconds
- Upload with traditional FTP
- Drag-and-drop image upload and import interface
- Flexible regular expressions to match image file name with product SKUs
- SEO Bonus - option to rename images based on product name for better SEO
- Option to mark base image as excluded
- Option to import only images that were updated since the last upload
- Option to assign configurable product image to children simple products
- Supports .JPG, .PNG and .GIF image extensions
- Supports Multisite configuration
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
Drag & Drop Upload
Forget having to work with FTP! Store owners can now use Bulk Images Upload & SEO's drag-and-drop interface to quickly and easily import images right from the Magento admin. This helpful new feature not only shows you a thumbnail of what images you've added, but also provides a status indicator during upload and completion message after upload telling you how many images were successfully matched.
Image SEO Bonus
Bulk Images Upload & SEO Magento Extension from Activo Extensions also provides an added bonus by allowing you to automatically rename your images based on the name of the product the image is matched to. Naming your images to correspond to the product they represent is a positive sign in Google's eyes as they explain in their Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide, "Avoid using generic filenames like "image1.jpg", "pic.gif" when possible. File names are best when they're short but descriptive." Our Magento extension provides several naming schemes so you customize things just the way you like.
Media Gallery Support
By default, Bulk Images Upload & SEO Magento extension is setup to work with product image galleries. The extension smartly picks up on numbering schemes like -01.jpg, -02.jpg, etc. to assign your product images in the proper order on the product page.
Bulk Images Upload and SEO Magento Extension — Basic Usage Demo:
Here we show how to upload bulk images to the product catalog.
Advanced Usage of the Bulk Images Upload and SEO Magento Extension (applying regular expressions to product SKUs):
In this demo we show how to use new regular expression replace feature to transform the product SKUs before matching them to image names.
Additional older videos on basic usage of our Bulk Images extension are available on our YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4qY_IdqNzE
Getting started with our Bulk Images Upload & SEO Magento extension is easy. Simply choose your import destination folder, name your images and upload. Several configurations are available to customize the way you use the extension.
Enter Your License Code
- Log into your Magento store admin panel and go to Catalog > Bulk Images > Configuration
- Cut and paste your license code into the License Code box. You can find your license code in the order details in your account.
- Click Save and you are ready to go!
Set Your Configurations
- Source Media Folder (default: /media/import) - This is the folder that your images will be imported into. If this folder does not already exist, please create it or your images will not import correctly.
- Include Subfolders (Yes/No) - In regards to your Source Media Folder, do you want to include include images from nested subfolders?
- File Seperator (default: -BI-) - This is a text string that separates the SKU from the image number in the image file name. Images must be named using the following naming convention:
- Exclude First? (Yes/No) - Should the first image in the product image gallery be excluded? Note: in some themes the alternative images will show a repeat of the first image at the product page, setting this to true will avoid the duplication.
- Delete Existing Images? (Yes/No) - By default the extension will delete existing images from matched products before uploading the new ones when set to Yes. By changing the setting to No, you can keep the old images and add only the new images. If a product SKU is not matched to any of the image files, the product images will remain intact regardless of this option setting.
- Products Filtering (All Products/Visible in Catalog & Search/Visible in Search/Visible in Catalog) - Here you can tell the extension to match images only to products with certain visibilities.
- Attach Config to Simple? (Yes/No) - Should the first image of a Configurable product be attached with all children simple products?
- Enable Detailed Logging? (Yes/No) - Setting this to Yes, will create a separate file named 'activo_bulkimages.log' and will log all products and image matches every time you run import process.
Import Your Images
Images must be named using the following naming convention:
<SKU><File_Seperator><Image_Order>.jpg/.gif/.png. SKU is the product SKU, File_Seperator is is the separator string you defined in the configuration (default is -BI-) and the Image_Order is an ordering string, for example 01, 02, 03.
ABC001-BI-03.jpg would match product SKU "ABC001".
Images that do not follow this naming convention will not be imported. You can also use regular expressions to modify your SKU before matching the file name, so you can eliminate the portion of the SKU to match images (for instance if you want multiple product to match the same images).
Please note that Bulk Images will REMOVE all existing images for the product if there is at least one image matching product SKU and will replace them with matching images from your import folder. The products without any matching images will remain intact.
- Go to Catalog > Bulk Images > Drag & Drop
- Either drag your images onto the grey area of the admin or click to browse and select your images
- Drop your images in the
media/importfolder or the other folder you specified in the configurations.
- Go to Catalog > Bulk Imags > Manage Bulk Images to open the import management screen. Here you will see the list of all past imports. You can click either Import All Images to re-import ALL images in the import folder or Import New Images to import only images with the modification date after the date of last import.
ATTENTION! If you have installed a previous version of this extension, you must remove it BEFORE installing the new version. Use Magento Connect Manager to uninstall it (System > Magento Connect > Magento Connect Manager). If you are unable to uninstall it using Magento Connect Manager, you can uninstall it manually by removing the folder within
/app/code/community/Activo/ via FTP.
Magento Connect Installation Instructions
- Once you purchase the extension, download the installation package by logging into your account and going to My Downloadable Products section.
- After you download the installation package, log into your store's admin interface and go to System > Magento Connect > Magento Connect Manager.
- At the Direct Package File Upload section click on Choose File button, select the package file you just downloaded and click Upload.
- After upload is complete, go back to the admin panel by clicking the Return to Admin link at the top right.
- Go to System > Cache Management and refresh the Configuration cache.
- IMPORTANT! After finishing the initial installation steps above, you need to log out and log in back into your store's admin interface in order to see the extension configuration.
- When you log back in to your admin panel, your installation process is complete and you can now configure the extension.
ATTENTION APPLE SAFARI USERS By default Safari tries to open the "safe" file extensions, this includes the .tgz packages. Therefore it will uncompress the package upon download and will make it unfit for Magento Connect. To prevent this behavior in the menu bar, go Safari > Preferences. In the "General" tab, uncheck "Open 'safe' files after downloading". This will stop Safari from automatically unzipping the files. Read more on Stack Exchange here.
See more detailed installation instructions and a screencast here:
Installing Magento Extensions Using Connect Manager
Upgrade From Previous Versions
Before upgrading from versions before 1.5.0 of the Bulk Images Upload and SEO Magento extension you need to manually uninstall the older versions of this extension.
To do this, make sure you delete the following files:
After deleting the files, log into your Magento Admin panel, go to System > Cache Management and refresh the Configuration cache.
IMPORTANT! After finishing the steps above, log out of the Magento Admin panel and login again before installing the newer version.
Community Support Forum
Have any questions regarding this extension? Need help with installation and/or configuration? Please visit the Bulk Images Upload and SEO Magento extension support forum.
Want to read more reviews on this extension? Visit the Bulk Images Upload & SEO page on Magento Connect: https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/bulk-images-upload-and-seo-for-large-catalogs.html
- Great Extension & ServicesReview by Kristina
Quality Price Value
- The best extension in this categoryReview by Yoav A. / DrCousensGlobal.com
Quality Price Value
This is the best extension in this category for images import workflow. We've tried many others solutions and Bulk Images is the best. (Posted on 12/18/2014)
- Just perfect for big stores!Review by Slight
Quality Price Value
We have around 60'000 products in our shop. Around 7'000 have a image. All uploaded by the Bulk Images Uploader and never had a problem with this quantity.
5 stars for sure!
(Posted on 11/27/2013)
- The best solution for the task of importing imagesReview by Yoav
Quality Price Value
It does the job!
1> drag and drop images for single product quick fixes
2> better reports UI on unmatched images
(Posted on 10/4/2013)
- powerfully helpful!Review by Caelii
Quality Price Value
Write Your Own Review
[2016-12] Version 2.3.0:
- New feature: now allowing to choose Manufacturer in the new image names under SEO options.
[2016-09] Version 2.2.0:
- New feature: ability to assign custom suffix to match for special image type, such as: main, small, or thumbnail.
[2015-12] Version 2.1.0:
- Compatibility fix for the recent Magento security update SUPEE 6788.
[2015-02] Version 2.0.2:
- Minor bugfix.
[2015-01] Version 2.0.1:
- Changed the logic of the Drag-and-drop functionality. Now Drag-and-drop are treated as one time event and does not store the dropped images after they were successfully imported. This allows to improve efficiency of the drag-and-drop import functionality and is more intuitive to the store owners.
[2014-11] Version 2.0.0:
- Fully tested and compatible with Magento CE 1.9.0+ & Magento EE 1.14
- Easy to use drag-and-drop functionality
- Advanced logging functionality showing which image files were not matched to a product SKU
[2013-11] Version 1.5.9:
- Fully tested and compatible with Magento CE 1.8.0+ & Magento EE 1.13
- Recursively include files from all subfolders of the source folder - makes it easier to organize your image files
- Option to enable advanced logging—custom log shows which SKUs matched which images
- Option to leave old images and just add the new images to the matched products
Professional Extensions License Agreement
All Professional Magento Extensions (i.e. paid) from Activo Extensions are subject to the terms and conditions of our License Agreement. You can find the latest copy of our license agreement here: https://extensions.activo.com/license_professional
In short, you are required to purchase a separate license for each of the domains (stores) you are running this software on (excluding common variations, like adding 'www.' to the domain name). However you can run this software on multiple servers, provided that you have a separate license for each of the domains (for instance in configurations with load balancers).
You can also use a copy of this software for free on one development or one staging server per license purchased in addition to your production servers, provided that this development or staging server is not used for any live sales transactions.
Free Extensions License Agreement
All Free Magento Extensions from Activo Extensions are released under the Open Software License v. 3.0 (OSL-3.0). Please read the full license agreement here: http://www.opensource.org/licenses/OSL-3.0.
All purchases are subject to the terms and conditions outlined in our Terms of Service document. Please read it carefully.