This FREE "Configurable Product Tools" Magento extension by Activo adds some useful tools to simplify working with configurable products. We will be adding more tools to this extension in the future one by one.
Version 1.0.0 starts with the simple product removal tool. When you remove the configurable product from Magento store, all the underlying simple products remain in place, so you have to go and manually remove them from your catalog. This simple tool allows you to automatically remove all underlying simple products when you delete the configurable product from your catalog.
Installation process is very simple. Just follow these steps:
- Once you purchased the extension, download the installation package by logging into your account and going to My Downloadable Products section.
- After you downloaded the installation package, log in to your store admin interface and go to System / Magento Connect / Magento Connect Manager.
- At the "Direct package file upload" section click on "Choose file" button, select the package file you just downloaded and click "upload".
- After upload is done, go back to the admin panel by clicking "Return to Admin" link at the top right.
- Go to System / Cache Management and refresh the Configuration cache.
- IMPORTANT! After finishing the initial installation steps above, you need to log out and log in back into your administration interface in order to see the extension configuration.
- When you log in back to your admin panel, your installation process is complete.
Please read this first if you are using Apple Safari to download the installation package. By default Safari tries to open the "safe" file extensions, this includes the .tgz packages. Therefore it will uncompress the package upon download and will make it unfit for Magento Connect. To prevent this behavior in the menu bar, go Safari > Preferences. In the "General" tab, uncheck "Open 'safe' files after downloading". This will stop Safari from automatically unzipping the files. Read more on Stack Exchange here.
Please see more detailed installation instructions and a screencast here:
Installing Magento Extensions Using Connect Manager
- Works Superb!Review by Lohith
Quality Price Value
Its not supporting to 1.7.02 magento. Could you please help out in this. (Posted on 1/5/2015)
Write Your Own Review
Professional Extensions License Agreement
All Professional Magento Extensions (i.e. paid) from Activo Extensions are subject to the terms and conditions of our License Agreement. You can find the latest copy of our license agreement here: https://extensions.activo.com/license_professional
In short, you are required to purchase a separate license for each of the domains (stores) you are running this software on (excluding common variations, like adding 'www.' to the domain name). However you can run this software on multiple servers, provided that you have a separate license for each of the domains (for instance in configurations with load balancers).
You can also use a copy of this software for free on one development or one staging server per license purchased in addition to your production servers, provided that this development or staging server is not used for any live sales transactions.
Free Extensions License Agreement
All Free Magento Extensions from Activo Extensions are released under the Open Software License v. 3.0 (OSL-3.0). Please read the full license agreement here: http://www.opensource.org/licenses/OSL-3.0.
All purchases are subject to the terms and conditions outlined in our Terms of Service document. Please read it carefully.